Thursday 17 May 2018

Full moon in the Highlands


We watched the full moon rise into a cloudless sky.


It woke me in the early morning shining through the slats in our Venetian blind and I got up to find the house illuminated by moonlight and a thick band of mist in the valley bottom.


I had to go out.


I crunched down the gravel driveway praying I wouldn't wake the three big dogs that lived in the next house. 


Nobody stirred. This horse was already awake munching the frosty grass.


 It was so still and quiet.


The moon was setting on one side of me 

   
 and the sun was rising on the other. 


It made some beautiful silhouettes.

 


and it lit up the frosty cobwebs and grasses.


I woke all the sheep on the way back up the lane. I think they thought I was the farmer bringing their breakfast. These tiny lambs had very big voices!


With the moon nearly gone behind the hill I went back to our cosy cottage and snuggled back into bed all full of magic.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such beautiful photographs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...