Monday 8 April 2019

Spring Flowers - Debbie George paints Hannah Madden


I was waiting for a delayed train at Manchester Victoria station when I saw this little painting on Debbie George's Instagram feed. It stopped me in my tracks. Now, I see alot of pictures fly by on Instagram (we all do these days right?) and I LOVE many of them but it is very rare that I actually want to own one but within moments I found myself writing to Debbie asking if it was taken. 


Debbie is famous for her beautiful paintings of flowers in mugs. And the thing that was doubly special about this painting is that the mug made by my friend Hannah Madden. I met Hannah on Instagram many years ago when she was just starting out her hand printed textile business.  Debbie I know from many many years ago as her gallery Sanderson, George & Peach was one of the first places to stock my lamps. To see them collaborating like this was just lovely.


Hannah had posted a picture of one of her new Spring Flower mugs and Debbie commented on how much she liked it (she likes mugs, can you tell?) so Hannah decided to send Debbie a mug in the post. 


In no time at all Debbie had filled it with snowdrops and painted it. 


Debbie shared it on Instagram just when I was waiting for that train. It spoke to me and I bought it! 


I'm always on the look out for lovely objects of interest to use in my wallpaper photos (this is how I justified the sale anyway). I knew this would be just right with my new Paper Meadow colour 'brume' which has been waiting to be photographed properly.


 When I told Hannah I had bought the painting she was so delighted then she gifted me a mug too! So here they are together!

Looking lovely don't you think?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...