Tuesday 21 June 2016

A Midsummer Nights Dream


When I heard there was going to be a big full moon on the night of the summer solstice I couldn't resist a trip to see my new love for a midsummer nights adventure.


We set off at four a.m and cycled along country lanes under that big old silvery moon (did you see it?) with honeysuckle in the air and the wind in our hair.


We arrived at Eades Meadow to see a veil of mist just lifting.



It was magic.


It was my first visit to Eades, an ancient meadow with a scrumptious tangle of plants and flowers.


There was so much of my favourite Quaking Grass to get excited about


and lots of orchids.


And as we explored we were treated to a magnificent solstice sunrise


 illuminating all the grasses and flowers 


 giving them and us, a ready brek glow!




As you know I'm always happy in a meadow but I'm even happier now I have found a fellow meadow nerd to share them with.

Happy Solstice x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...