Wednesday 19 July 2017

Eades Meadow


On Sunday afternoon Dean and I took a cycle out of Redditch to Eades Meadow.


Eades is the largest field in Foster's Green Meadows and it is like a huge sea of wild flowers and grasses busy with bees and butterflies and all sorts of insects. It is teeming with life.


Tempting though it is to go bounding about in this beautiful wild meadow sea visitors are encouraged to not stray from the path as it is a protected area and it is sensitive to trampling but it's ok as there is SO much to see on the long path through the grasses.


We took our time, looking up close with the new botanical eyeglass and marveling at everything.


It is so richly textured at the moment. 


So many species nestling into each other.



Lots of things had gone to seed .


We enjoyed their dramatic shapes silhouetted against the sky. 


There were fluffy seed heads everywhere.



The Goatsbeard was incredible close up.  


I loved searching out patterns in the grass.


Knapweed was taking centre stage and looking glorious.


 We even found a white one. Just one!


 I am in my element walking through a meadow taking it all in, each step a discovery.


Eade is so rich because hasn't been ploughed for over a hundred years and has not seen a drop of chemical fertiliser. 


These magical places are now rare and need to be protected. 

I just donated some money to help preserve Ashes Pasture a meadow that I haven't yet visited but that is definitely on my list. It's currently on a mission to raise money. Perhaps you can donate too? Every penny would help. The butterflies will thank you!

5 comments:

Bekki said...

Wow, that looks like a beautiful place. The textures, shapes and colours are amazing. I wish there were more meadows around.

Hannah Nunn said...

me too Bekki!

Unknown said...

I just adore your posts on Meadows Hannah, as a brit living in Australia they're a beautiful dash of British Summer time in my day! Thank you.

Unknown said...

I just adore your posts on Meadows Hannah, as a brit living in Australia they're a beautiful dash of British Summer time in my day! Thank you.

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

Start following our trades right now & profit up to 270% daily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...