Wednesday 11 April 2018

Opening the Wild Meadow flower press


  I just opened the flower press from our trip to Wild Meadow last midsummer. 


 What joy. 


 A little bit of summer preserved so perfectly. 



 These were the grasses that I was trying to learn the names of.  Can I remember now? I love this picture. Doesn't it look like an embroidery.


 I drew this Barren Brome at the time. I'm glad because it has all fallen apart in the flower press but it has kept it's colour beautifully.


 I wrote a blog post about our week there and there are pictures of these flowers going in the press. It's nice to see then and now. And good to look back at summer so full and green and lovely. 


It won't be long before it's green and lovely again. Maybe this will be the year that the names of those grasses finally sink in! 


3 comments:

Oscar Fernandez said...

What wonderful work you have done here! Very nice.

Clipping Path Service said...

You deserve a huge thanks for this wonderful post.This is really an excellent post.thanks

clipping masks said...

How excellent post here you have shared . I'm glad to see it . Thank you for it .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...