Friday 27 June 2014

For Jane...



When I was four years old I met a little girl with long blonde hair outside my back gate. She said 'Do you want to come and play at my house?' I was a shy thing and didn't dare so I said 'No...but you can come to mine!'

It was the start of a long friendship. I wonder how many million hours we played together over the years. Jane pretty much was my childhood.


Last year Jane lost a long and difficult battle with cancer. She left behind her husband and her small daughter Elizabeth, her Mum and lots and lots of good friends. 

I hope that Elizabeth can find a friend that she can have as much fun with as I did with Jane.

In her memory I'll be donating 10% of my open studio sales to The Yorkshire Cancer Centre, who cared for Jane when she was ill. I wouldn't be very good at  running a marathon or shaving my hair off...but I can make and sell lamps. I'm pretty good at that.  

Jane we will all shine our lamps for you :)

My studio will be open 28th and 29th June and the 4th and 5th July. Find out more HERE.

4 comments:

Fiona Pattison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona Pattison said...

Beautiful post Hannah : )

Lyn said...

What a beautiful tribute to your good friend. xxx

Blogger said...

If you would like an alternative to randomly approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

If you'd rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy bars and nightclubs...

Then I urge you to watch this eye-opening video to learn a amazing secret that has the potential to get you your very own harem of beautiful women:

FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...