Wednesday 3 August 2011

Drawing Grasses and the frustrations of writing a book!

So I bought a grass identification book to try and learn what last weeks grasses were but I still don't really know to be honest. It's quite tricky tell from the illustrations but hey they have nice shapes and they got me drawing so that's all good.
Over the past couple of days I have had Joby round to shoot some panoramic shots for the new virtual tour on the Radiance site. This year we decided to include the workshop too...with me in it 'working' and when I sat down to 'pretend' I ended up creating some stuff that I am pleased with and has potential lampage!
I like this one. I'd like to do a grassy wall panel. I'm a bit frustrated at the moment as I have so many things to juggle and whilst I'm doing one thing I always feel I should be doing something else. I have only EIGHT weeks left until my book deadline and that is a bit scary. This week was supposed to be a' head down to write week' but the panoramas took a long time to shoot on Monday and Tuesday, Euan needed a trip to Leeds for walking boots and new shoes and today Matt is a bit poorly bless him so I have to be in the shop. I still have lots of information to gather and LOTS to write and I'm feeling the pinch. Right now though I just want to walk in the sunny hills and makes shapes with paper and light without a deadline looming!

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too many distractions, you need to lock yourself away or take yourself to somewhere quiet like the library to write ;o)
Love the sketches you have been doing lately, you've inspired me to sketch more!

Kate Thornton said...

I know exactly how you feel about juggling and drawing :-) I had to just go outside today away from the computer and do a bit of sketching... so good for your mind!

Good luck with the book, what is it by the way? Sounds very exciting!

LOULA BELLE AT HOME said...

Hope that you are feeling better. It's hard work to focus on anything when your head is swimming, and so frustrating!! Hope the walk cleared it... the weather over there yesterday didn't help though! Deep breaths, keep calm :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...