Friday 23 March 2012

Saltaire Arts Trail


I'm going to be exhibiting in an Open House at the Saltaire Arts Trail between the 5th and 7th May. It's the first time I've been involved with the festival and I'm really looking forward to it. I love the concept of open houses( I have done a few in Brighton where the trend began) where artists exhibit work in (willing) peoples homes and the public can come and not only see lovely art and craft, but they can have a good nosey around someone's house too! 

I'll be exhibiting at 71 George Street with seven other artists which is one of 14 houses on the trail this year.

There's loads more going on too (as you can see from this flyer) and the website is brilliant with loads of info about all the houses and about Saltaire itself, which is steeped in industrial history and is now a world heritage site. I love the illustrations on the site too. So sweet.

If you've never been to Saltaire before you won't have been to Salts Mill with it's David Hockney galleries, and all it's shops and cafes. It's a tremendous place. It's always amazing to be in such a huge architectural space. It's vast and it's got the most fantastic bookshop. I sooooo hope to see my book there one day.

Hope you can make it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, it sounds fabulous! I would love to visit one year.

I am doing an open studio for the first time this year, sharing a studio space with a local ceramicist - should be fun! Bxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...