Friday 12 February 2010

Moving the workshop




It's been another busy week and a topsy turvy one at that. On Monday we spent the day packing up the old workshop and unearthing four years of dust and junk. It was great to have a clearout. (Thanks Matt for all your valuable help! I could NOT have tackled that without your encouragement!). On Tuesday the removal men came to take it all down the road. By half past eleven I was in and the joiners fitted my desks in for me. I spent the day making myself at home and doing that with joiners on site was heavenly. 'Can you just do this'....'can you just put this up for me'. Emma did the wallpapering on Tuesday night and it looks really lovely. I'll show you pictures when the door frame has been finished. On Wednesday I actually did some work at my new desk which was nice. A little blackbird hopping around in the yard made me realise that I could actually feed the birds as it's a cat free zone so I bought a bird feeder which I can see from my desk. I LOVE watching the birds but havent been able to do it for years cos of my monster cats! The joiners came to fit the shelves in the shop that afternoon too and they did a good job considering the walls were terribly wonky! Thursday I was in the workshop in the morning and the old shop in the afternoon. Me and my Dad swapped over so he could test out the new workshop. He liked it but was chilly. You'd think that fire kicked out alot of heat but it just doesn't. I'm hoping a service will do it good and make it more efficient. All the time the electrician has been in a corner or down a hole somewhere wiring up and doing his thing. He's made great progress and the end is in site!

It's all good but today I am exhausted! I even had a little cry in yoga last night when i discovered just how tired I was and couldn't bring myself to move my body any more! I'm having a quiet day behind the Radiance counter pottering about on the computer and gathering my energy for the next installment!

5 comments:

AppaloosaMoon said...

...tears...of ultimate joy...

Ann Martin said...

Am happy things are progressing well. I'd say you earned that cry! Renovating is really stressful.

Isabelle said...

it must be exciting ... can't wait to see more pictures !!

lotta said...

It is exciting to see your new space take shape. I can relate to the exhaustion - just cleaning and rearranging my one room studio wore me out. Best of luck with all the decisions and hard work yet to come. It will be well worth it.

Anonymous said...

It's all looking great Hannah and we're all behind you.
Adele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...